When loged in,
Click on the tab, My Ads
then scroll to the ad you want edit
then click the blue button (Edit)
you will then see the sold set to yes
Please select no
then scroll to the bottom and accept terms and condition then click Edit
When Loged in
Click My Ads
then scroll to the old ad you want to Renew
posted date, then click the blue text (Renew)
It will then take you to another page, please set new Expiry Date
Then click the blue button bellow Renew
Please follow the following steps to register
- Please register an account by clicking the Register button on top right hand side of main page
- Fill in all you details
- You will receive an activation email
- Click on link to activate the account
- You will now be registered.
- Once registered please Login by clicking Login on top right hand side of page.
- Click on Post Add
- Fill in all the details, please note that the Meta description is the same as the description this is so that your add will be recognised better by search engines such as Google.
- You will then receive an email confirming the registration and add placed.
- Login to Guntree
- select My Ads
- click on set to sold
- The add will now appear with a red sold sign across left corner
Using GUNTREE. As a condition of your use of GUNTREE you agree that you will not:
• violate any laws;
• violate the posting rules;
• post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
• be false or misleading;
• infringe any third-party right;
• distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm GUNTREE or the interests or property of GUNTREE users;
• impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of GUNTREE;
• copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
• use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access GUNTREE and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
• harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
• bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to GUNTREE.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to GUNTREE and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user's usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user's registration.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off GUNTREE if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off GUNTREE or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring GUNTREE or for unauthorized or unlawful content on GUNTREE or use of GUNTREE by users.
Fees and Services. Using GUNTREE is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you'll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in South African Rands, and we may change them from time to time. We'll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they're due. If you don't, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
Infringement. Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on GUNTREE by private individuals in South Africa. Entitled parties, in particular the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights, and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by GUNTREE.
Liability. Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on GUNTREE comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
We cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our services.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of GUNTREE, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) R1000
Personal Information. By using GUNTREE, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by GUNTREE. You also agree to receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us that you prefer not receive such communications.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and GUNTREE, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on GUNTREE constitute the entire agreement between GUNTREE and you, superseding any prior agreements.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, this Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of South Africa. You and GUNTREE both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
If we don't enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
Information posted on Guntree is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in Cape Town, South Africa. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to Guntree’s collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in South Africa. Guntree collects and stores the following personal information:
- email address, phone numbers, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Guntree and ad data (all through cookies - you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Guntree uses users’ personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising;
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when Guntree collects the information.
Guntree doesn’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. Guntree may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Guntree may also share personal information with:
- corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
- service providers who help with our business operations.
- third-party websites and publishers so ads (or the content of the ads) published on Guntree can also be published on a broader array of venues or information vehicles.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
Guntree may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Guntree, With your permission, Guntree may also transfer profile information contained in your third-party profile. Guntree may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites (other than listings), at your discretion. If you wish to discontinue you such sharing, you will be able to do so through your preference page.
Communications and email tools.
Transfer of Personal Data to Other Companies.
We may share your information with members of the eBay Inc. corporate family ? like eBay or PayPal ? to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
Guntree uses lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so Guntree makes no guarantees.
Guntree or our service providers may use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
Guntree may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If Guntree or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, Guntree may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply. Send questions about this policy to customer support.